Why have we set up our Parent Focus Group?
To improve communication between the parents and the school
- School wants to have a good relationship with parents and families.
- Parental co-operation and support can make a real difference to how children see themselves as learners and engage in learning. Regular communication about the learner’s individual development and achievements is a key component of successful partnership work.
- Schools that get it right engage families in the learning process from the very beginning.
To listen to your views
- As Parents you are the experts on your family’s needs and wishes and you can offer us a grounded understanding of how school can work with families.
- Initiatives developed with input from parents are much more likely to be useful and well attended.
- Well-handled, transparent consultation builds parental trust and confidence.To share developments in school
- During sessions we may highlight communication issues that could be addressed. In future sessions we can address this by sharing developments - this could be either:
- Existing solutions that we may not have been communicated well, or;
- New solutions as a results of your feedback.
How will the information from the group be used?
- Open, honest and constructive discussion will produce the best results.
- Information from the focus group will be presented to the school leadership team in an anonymised format on behalf of the group and a response will be provided for the next meeting.
Why don’t the school leaders attend the meeting?
- This is a forum for discussion - to give parents a voice to help school improve. As a group you may choose to invite Parent Governors or leaders to attend - the choice is yours!